Azithromycin for oral suspension USP
Devazy (Azithromycin for oralsuspension USP)
- Each 5ml reconstituted suspension contains
- Azithromycin(as dihydrate) USP Eq. to Azithromycin (Anhydrous) 200 mg
- Excipients q.s.
- For thetreatment of patients with mild to moderate infections caused by susceptiblestrains of the designated microorganisms in the specific conditions listedbelow:
- Acute Bacterial Exacerbations of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Acute bacterial sinusitis: Due to Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis, or Streptococcus pneumonia.
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Due to Chlamydia pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, or Streptococcus pneumoniae in patients appropriate for oral therapy.
- Pharyngitis/Tonsillitis: Caused byStreptococcus pyogenesasan alternative to first-line therapy in individuals whocannot use first-line therapy.
- Uncomplicated Skin and Skin StructureInfections: Due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, or Streptococcus agalactiae.
- Urethritis and Cervicitis: Due to Chlamydiatrachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
- Genital Ulcer Disease:In men due to Haemophilusducreyi (chancroid). Due to the small number of women included in clinicaltrials, the efficacy of azithromycin in the treatment of chancroid in women has not been established.
- Acute otitis media: due to Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis or Streptococcuspneumoniae.
- Community acquired pneumonia: due to Chlamydia pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Mycoplasma pneumoniae or Streptococcus pneumoniae in patients appropriate for oral therapy.
- Pharyngitis/Tonsillitis: due to Streptococcus pyogenes as an alternative to first-line therapy in individuals who cannot use first-line therapy.
C-912, Kailas Business Park, Park site, Vikhroli West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400079, India