Prophylaxis and treatment of diseases, caused by oidium albicans: treatment of candidiasis of the mucous membranes (oral cavity, vagina) and viscera (gastro-intestinal tract, lungs, kidneys). With prophylactic mean - to prevent the development of candidiasis during protracted antibiotic therapy, as well as in case of cachexia and in patients with immune deficiency.
Dosage and Administration:
The preparation is administered orally.
Adult- 500000-1000000 IU, 3-4 times daily. In case of severe candidiasis the daily dosage can be doubled.
Up to 1 Year 100000 IU, 3-4 Times Daily
From 1 to 3 Years 200000 IU, 3-4 Times Daily
For 3 Years of Age or Older 200000 IU - 400000 IU, 3-4 Times Daily
For prophylaxis of candidias is :
- in adults- 1000000 IU daily,
- in newborns- 100000 IU daily,
- In the treatment of oral candidiasis, it is advisable to retain the tablet in the mouth for as much time as possible.
- Nystatin medication should continue for at least 48 hours after the disappearance of the symptoms so as to prevent recidivations.
- Provided the symptoms of the disease are not affected up to the 14th day after initiation of Nystatin treatment, the latter should be discontinued.
C-912, Kailas Business Park, Park site, Vikhroli West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400079, India